domingo, 4 de julio de 2010

Lago de las Moñetas

First day of the summer holidays and what better way to celebrate than with a walk in the mountains? Hot weather was forecast so I decided on a relatively undemanding excursion to one of the few lakes in Picos. Half an hour's walk from Sotres you get to the Vegas, which I also photographed when I went up Peña Cortés. Here the huts are still 15 mins away, at the foot of an imposing looking mountain.
El primer día de las vacaciones lo celebré con un paseo hasta el lago de las Moñetas en Picos. Se tarda media hora en llegar a las vegas de Sotres desde el pueblo. A los 15 minutos de llegar saqué esta foto donde se ven las cabañas al pie del imponente Escamellau.


From Las Vegas I couldn't resist a couple of photos of the Cortés
Un par de fotos del pico Cortés





then I turned right into the Moñetas valley - you can see it splits into two, and I had to head up the left-hand side
se gira a la derecha para entrar en el valle de la Moñetas - cuando se divide en dos hay que coger la parte de la izq.

one or two views of the mountains up ahead
un par de vistas de las montañas que se veían hacia adelante


and looking back
y de vez en cuando una mirada hacia atrás





eventually I got to the final part of the ascent
se llega a la última parte de la subida


and waiting on the other side was this beautiful little lake
y al otro lado se ve el lago...


I've never seen so many tadpoles and baby newts in my life
...lleno de renaguajos y tritones




after a really relaxing time by the water I started back down
después de un buen rato relajante al borde del agua tocaba la bajada


near the walk back I took there's a 700-foot deep pothole
cerca del camino hay una sima de unos 230 metros








some photos I took on the way down
unas fotos sacadas durante la bajada








and finally back to Las Vegas de Sotres and two last shots towards Pico Cortés
y se llega otra vez a las Vegas donde aprovecho para sacar un par de fotos más hacia Cortés y Áliva





I noticed the Duje river had apparently dried up between the Vegas and where I'd parked and suddenly heard it again as it reappeared from an underground source
Me di cuenta de que el agua del Duje ya no sonaba y parecía que misteriosamente se había secado el río hasta que de repente vuelve a aparecer



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Please feel free to leave a comment!
¡Agradezco tus comentarios!