miércoles, 8 de septiembre de 2010

Somo de Guzmántara

The last day of August, celebrating the end of the month's intensive course.

I parked the car just over the provincial border with Burgos and started off up the track in the photo. To the right is the Mosquía, which I came back by.


Nearly at the top of the modest climb, looking back on the way I'd come



The boundary between Cantabria and Burgos



Santander and the coast were just visible from the summit (Somo de Guzmántara)



Looking southwards into Castile



The Picones de Sopeña, Picó de Lastreros (see July) and Castro Valnera



Walking along the summit ridge, another view of Castro Valnera, with Picón del Fraile now visible (in the centre of the photo)



a group of horses I disturbed enjoying the scenery on the way down



one of the abandoned huts in the area



two still in use, with the Mosquía behind them, which I dedided to make a detour to climb



the view from the top



I chose this way down via a beautiful slope covered in heather




a shot of the Mosquía with the Somo de Guzmántara behind

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Please feel free to leave a comment!
¡Agradezco tus comentarios!