viernes, 10 de diciembre de 2010

The Saja-Nansa Divide

I try to get out to the country when the weather's good, but beggars can't be choosers and when it's overcast the views are limited and the lack of good light makes for unimpressive photos - especially when both camera and photographer are no great shakes.
I wasn't even going to upload these photos, but as it was the last walk of the decade and gives a idea of how cloudy conditions can influence what you see I thought I'd stick them up. I suppose they make all previous photos look better in contrast!



A cloudy morning, but no rain forecast so I set off from the village of Fresneda in the Saja valley up the mountainside that separates it from the Nansa valley. Despite the westerly winds there was still some snow from about 700 metres.


In the distance La Concilla


Looking across at the (distinctly indistinct) range from the Pico del Cueto to Zarzamorosa


Peña Sagra from the highest point of the walk (Cueto Guariza)


Having reached the watershed the route now headed north


with Cabuérniga in the Saja valley to the right...


... and the village of Sarceda...


... and the Nansa valley to the left


Looking back to the Cueto Guariza with La Concilla behind and Peña Labra barely visible on the right of the photo


When I got to a meadow with two huts which my map refers to as Moscadorio I decided to head back down to the valley so as not to leave myself too long a walk along the main road


The sun even began to come out sporadically, and Pico del Cueto, which I visited in the spring, started to show up


Finally the walk back to the car along the road which follows the Saja river, looking very healthy thanks to all the melting snow

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Please feel free to leave a comment!
¡Agradezco tus comentarios!