miércoles, 16 de noviembre de 2011

Autumn in Ucieda

A selection of photos from the woods around Ucieda in central Cantabria.

After the unusually high temperatures and lack of rainfall here over recent weeks it was noticeable how the flora has been affected, with lots more green leaves on the trees than is normal almost a fortnight into November. Oaks would usually have lost most of their leaves by now :



and most beech trees would be looking like this one:




but from what I saw they were in a minority - still very beautiful though:






The path occasionally came into the open making its way between bracken and gorse



The previous weekend it had rained heavily, which meant that the many streams I had to cross were looking very healthy



In the centre of the photo you can see the path I took to come out of the wood



A fallen oak tree



and from the other side



Can you see Monty waiting for me while I took this picture?



This walk is called the "route of the bridges" because of the many streams you have to cross







After an hour and a half or so I decided to leave the path I was following and take in the views from the higher ground







The steep incline took me to the Cotero Pandiuco, just opposite Turdías. I decided to walk along the grazing land, with the Sierra de Peña Sagra (which I went to on my last walk) in the distance






Luckily the sun came out - it felt so good to be here



When I got to a place called Alto de Piedrafiesta, according to my map, I turned back - not before taking another shot of Peña Sagra



The clouds were hugging the hilltops towards the north



On the way down into the woods again these oaks caught my attention






Not far from the path was this strange hut






More photos of trees that took my fancy








Out into the open again and a chance to see where I'd come from

By now afternoon was turning to evening




This is the last photo I took with enough light



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Please feel free to leave a comment!
¡Agradezco tus comentarios!